Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New Pet Peeve...

I think I officially hate the phrase "friendly reminder". Has email etiquette in the workplace become so sensitive that we have to clarify the tone of the reminder? I mean really... What other type of reminder would it be people? Where did this tirade come from you ask? I received the following email from the office admin today...

"Friendly reminder I will be out starting tomorrow August 31st returning on September 5th."

If anything I think it sounds smug. Oh but wait you say - Jules, its a FRIENDLY reminder! There is no animosity intended. She has totally caveated her tone! She wasn't in anyway trying to perhaps rub everybody else's face in the fact that she doesn't have to work and we do!

And I say pish tosh! Bitch is laughing at all us suckers that have to work tomorrow. I should write back and say "This is a passive aggressive reminder that I don't care".

Ok, fine. I'm a little cranky today...
Stupid weather.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Cranky pants..cranky pants...haha

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home