Thursday, April 09, 2009

Italy - A preamble if you will...

It has been quite a while since I have blogged. I can make a brevity of excuses as to why I haven't, but it mostly comes down to time and inspiration.

I very recently embarked on a Roman Holiday. I have been to Italy before (at the beginning of my sophomore year of high school), so from a base perspective a lot of what I saw wasn't "new". But how I saw it was drastically different. The country really surprised me, in multiple ways to say the least. So suffice it to say, my previous inspiration excuse really doesn't hold. And since I have some time over the next couple of days to document my thoughts... I really have no reason not to share them!

Just to preface, on my previous trip to Italy I was 15, missing what was initially supposed to be the first three weeks of school, and going with my grandfather. At the time, I very much appreciated the experience my grandfather was providing for me, but retrospectively and almost 15 years later, I have realized that I was lacking a certain amount of maturity to really understand what I was experiencing. I just had too much going on hormonally! But I think a lot of what enables us to understand our experiences as adults comes from just living life. And while I was anything but a sheltered 15 year old, I still hadn't yet done enough living.

So what will follow here are some highlights and thoughts on my time in Italy over the past week and a half. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home